The desert Usurper Burilgi is reputed to use some kind of drug to enslave his followers. He deprives them of it before a battle, and they fight like wild beasts, because if they do not win, he tells them they will have no more of it.
Burilgi the Usurper is a so-called Prophet of the Desert obsessed by holy madness who wants to “cleanse” the D’Shar Territories of everything unclean. What he considers unclean is unclear, as all those who know for sure have disappeared or perished. Whole Singalian tribes are said to abandon their settlements in order to join him. Burilgi's strange religion centers through attaining Paradise through martyrdom and the use of a highly addictive consciousness-expanding drug to achieve what he calls enlightenment. In reality, Burilgi uses the addiction to this drug to enslave his followers, and will withhold it from them prior to a battle, so that they will fight like madmen, in hopes of getting more of it as a victory boon. Ironically, Burilgi himself seems to be addicted to dates, constantly craving the fruits.
Burilgi's most loyal female followers are sent on quests inspired by drug-induced visions. Those who return successfully from these vision quests are promoted to Omen Seekers, his own cadre of elite bodyguards.
His spawn spot is around Torbah.
He can be captured and freed for a Qualis Gem or 100,000 denars. His army ranges between 500-700 men, and consists of the following:
- 25-100 Omen Seekers
- 200-300 Singalian Horsemen
- 100-200 Singalian Spearmen
- 50-100 D'Shar Outlaw Chieftains
- 50-100 Singalian Temptresses
Note: Since 3.9.0:
- One of the options will no longer give the player 100,000 denars, but a large pouch of Diamonds.
- His armor set was changed to be more Singalian like.
- Lance was removed as it was just making him sometimes perform worse. Now he will always have Strange Rune Bow with D'Shar Arrows and a Strange Rune Glaive or a Runed Bastard Sword with a Netherworld Shield.
- His strength was raised from 57 to 70.
- His agility was raised from 24 to 30.
- Burilgi will now have an option to unlock equipment for CKO: